Thursday 24 June 2010

A Solo card not good enough for the train?

I was ordering a train ticket  online today, wanted to make sure I'd got a seat and make getting the train as stress free as possible. I put in my destination, the ticket type etc. I got the payment page looked at the drop down list, no Solo Card, but my card carries the Maestro logo as well so I select Maestro. Put in my card details click confirm, then I get the message that my Card Number does not go with a Maestro card. Tried again no such luck. This was with  Arriva Trains Wales , so I tried Virgin Trains again they didn't accept my card. Is a Solo Card not good enough to buy a train ticket?




  • I received my reply via email today.

I regret that neither Solo nor Visa Electron cards are accepted as a valid payment method at any rail station or on board the train itself. This is an industry-wide policy decision. It has been taken due to the potential for fraud as a result of the fact that payment is not guaranteed with either of these cards.

Edited 22/ 07 / 10

No comments: